Psychologist/clinical psychologist – private practice – innovative pay model
Newport, Brisbane QLD
Psychology, Counselling & Social Work (Healthcare & Medical)
$100,000 – $200,000 base plus commission
Clinical Psychologists and Psychologists – have you had dreams of working in private practice as part of a true multidisciplinary team and making a huge impact on the mental health and wellbeing of a well established community?
Are you sick of working in a job where you pass your colleagues in the hallway like ships in the night and you just do your own thing without being part of a real team oriented workplace?
This position is one of the most unique positions available today for a highly qualified and driven clinical or general psychologist. Internationally based psychologists will be considered but only those with current AHPRA registration.
Our ideal applicant has private practice experience as a Clinical Psychologist or Psychologist in Australia.
You have enjoyed your career to date, have gained great results with your client base, and have built a loyal following of clients in your current and previous workplaces.
What you are longing for is a professional environment, a caseload of clients with psychological needs but in a medical setting – as we are a predominantly physiotherapy clinic with two Clinical Psychologists on site at our main clinic at Scarborough in North Brisbane. This role is for our brand new location at Newport called Newport Physio and Health, with our main clinic just 3km up the road in Scarborough where we have 6 physios and 2 Clinical Psychologists.
Rather than me carry on about the features and benefits of this role I will list for you some of the reasons that our current Clinical Psychologist, who works fulltime with us, loves being part of our team:
- enjoys the mixed caseload with high quality clients
- likes the more medical elements of his caseload (our clinic caters to a large proportion of clients with acute and chronic pain, injuries and trauma)
- is on a great package earning over and above his previous roles by far
- works in a beautiful, waterfront clinic
- is supported by a high quality admin team with 2 receptionists on at all times in addition to a dedicated practice manager who is off the front desks and is able to assist with any enquiries and challenges he has
- one hour lunch breaks where patients are never allowed to be booked in this space!
- his same day patient cancellations are filled at more than an 80% rate so minimal loss of clients and income
- regular conversations over lunch with the physiotherapists and collaboration regarding mutual clients
- a beachfront lifestyle for him and his family
- regular working hours of 8 to 5 with no evening or weekend work
- a true team environment including annual and quarterly team building days, and daily conversations with the clinic director and practice manager
These are the multiple selling points of the role.
Now here is who we are looking for:
- have at least 5 years’ of private practice experience in Australia as a Clinical Psychologist or Psychologist
have unrestricted AHPRA registration (or ability to gain AHPRA registration before commencing the role in under 3 months)
- have some desire or experience to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- have some desire or experience working with a medical population (ie acute and chronic pain sufferers with psychological needs)
- enjoy a growth oriented environment
- want to be part of a team oriented clinic which you may not have had in the past
- have a solid work ethic
- this role is ideally fulltime but we will consider you for a part time role if you are an outstanding candidate
- we need someone who shares our clinic values of reliability, energy, loyalty, initiative, empathy and friendship
- you love the Redcliffe Peninsula where our beautiful clinic is located
We currently have one immediate position to be filled and another in 3-6 months’ time
Salary package is negotiable based on your experience and what you bring to the table.
Clinic Psychologist salary package: up to $150k base plus super (fulltime permanent role), plus fortnightly commission equalling 60% of total revenue including super – earn $200k PA for a busy 38 hour week! This salary scales down for any position of less than 38 hours a week.
Psychologist salary package: up to $125k base plus super (fulltime permanent role), plus fortnightly commission equalling 60% of total revenue including super – earn $160k PA for a busy 38 hour week! This salary scales down for any position of less than 38 hours a week.
Enjoy the stability of a weekly base salary, with commission as extra pay when you get busy and booked out. This is a unique pay structure which gives you safety and opportunity as if preferred by many to a straight contractor arrangement.
For more details around our unique base salary plus capacity bonus model please get in touch.
The director is an entrepreneur and is willing to consider a salary plus performance bonuses, commission percentage or any other win-win agreement.
Our existing Clinical Psychologist has a waiting list of 70+ clients and is booked out 4 months in advance so there will be no problem in filling your caseload from the get-go.
Finally as the Director I would urge you to at least make contact with me if you have any interest in this position – what do you have to lose from a simple conversation and this will be a life changing position for at least one Clinical Psychologist. As you are reading this we are already in discussions with candidates and I urge you to make contact with me ASAP if you have any interest in this role.
Fulltime or part time hours: 25-38 per week
Your application will include the following questions:
Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
How many years’ experience do you have as a clinical psychologist?
Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
Which of the following Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) psychology endorsements do you currently hold?
Have you completed a qualification in psychology?
Do you have membership with any of the following psychology, social work, or counselling boards?